National Geographic - wondering about grants ...

I've just discovered that National Geographic actually give out grants!  They state that they "invest in bold people and transformative ideas in the fields of conservation, education, research, storytelling, and technology. Our goal is to identify, cultivate, and develop the world-changers of today and tomorrow".

Joining a grant scheme means joining a community of like-minded people, as the site says here.

"The National Geographic Society awards grants for conservation, education, research, storytelling, and technology through its Committee for Research and Exploration. All proposed projects must be novel and exploratory, and be of broad interest. National Geographic Society grant-funded projects should be bold, innovative, and transformative."

Nat Geo has always been my passion and this year I have renewed my subscription after finding out that I end up buying most of the year's issues anyway. I guessed I may as well! 

Embarking on these projects is, however life changing, and I find myself a tad uneasy with taking such a big leap, even as I have been involved in a very different sphere of activity.  I wonder what it is that always pushes me to seek pastures new.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Bouncing Back ....

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam