Christmas Time - Fun & Games or Peace & Quiet

I was in much of a quandary as to what to do with my Christmas as I was not in a great mood to make any plans.

In part I have been suffering from anxiety, and was not up to parties - even because all the eating and boozing does nothing to effectively help the morale.  Indeed, great alcohol intake triggers off anxiety once the initial effect has worn off, which is not something I need.  Being out of a stormy relationship and having stepped away from an inefficient attachment, I found myself on an emotional plateau that I did (do) not want to disturb.

So, I spent Christmas lunch at mum's with all my family, as I usually do (bar the times I travel) and it was quite fine, except for raging stomach pains from having partied too hard in the two days prior.  Indeed, my work lunch and evening party meant that I had eaten more than I could handle and had more to drink than I should.  Nevertheless, I survived and watched a couple of cute films on mum's sofa in the evening.

On Boxing Day, I felt a little bit better and went to watch one of the Christmas panto's that are happening in Malta at the time - going by the name of Cinderella. No less than two dames and the song and dance were great, even if some of the quips could have had a bit more punch.  Nevertheless it caters for ages 3+, so i think the mix was perfect.

During the evening, I watched another film on mum's sofa, the second episode in Season 1 of the series, Victoria, a film about the life of Queen Victoria.  It is a sweet portrayal of her life, even if with some film-maker's licence.  However, much of it is based on truth.  Pity it extends over so many weeks.

I think the restful Christmas period gave me some much needed rest - I only wish I were around to rest much longer, as today I returned to rest.  However, the coming weekend will be another long one, and then we shall see what is to become of my fate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Bouncing Back ....

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam