My maritime law course

Today I reminisced about my maritime law course, completed almost one year ago at the International Maritime Law Institute (IMLI), in Malta. This Institute is the brainchild of the International Maritime Organisation, an internationl organisation that brings states and other entities together in the interests of Safer Shipping on Cleaner Oceans. The motto of IMLI is 'Serving the Rule of International Maritime Law', which IMLI graduates vow to observe upon successfully recieving their LL.M. after one competitive year spent studying some of the major conventions and traditions in maritime law.

Maritime Law has roots in ancient history, and has developed over time to become the very large and interesting subject it is today.

The year spent at IMLI taught me cultural tolerance and has given me friends from all over the world. the Tuition is also vast and I think I've never enjoyed studying anything as much as this.

We were also given the opportunity to network with people of high profiles from all over the world, such as the Judge Advocate-General of the US Coast Guard, a judge of the International Tribunal of the Law of the Sea, Ambassadors, and so on.

We were also taken on occasional visits to ships which visited Maltese ports, which, for some that had never visited the restricted areas of a ship, was highly informative and interesting.

I dearly miss some of the friends I made during this year, but friendships will transcend time, and I hope that fat will bring some of us together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam