My 40th year... well 41st to be fair .

So this year I hit the big 40...  and (naturally by coincidence), a number of changes have hit me hard, starting from a few months before the actual day.

I have resolved to do much with my life and the first thing I needed to do was to change job to something I like much more.  This came after a harrowing experience (on more than one count) in the previous workplace which rendered my position there impossible.  An undermining of character, unreciprocated loyalties and a boredom with the general workflow put me in such a position that I was required to move.  And so I did and initially it all worked very well.  However, when you give people the benefit of the doubt too easily, you find you might just consider yourself a dupe.  Making mistakes on top of that is enough to propel you into a state of despair... although I hope to update you with positive improvements on that one.

One of the first things I planned, just before my birthday, was a trip to Paris with mum.  We visited all the very beautiful landmarks and even managed a river ride though we got a little cold.  Of course, it was all very fast, as we had so little time so Paris does warrant another visit.    Strangely, this idea was taken from a friend's blog, who visited Paris as part of her do-list once she hit 40 !  I had always dreamt of seeing this beautiful city and we went to watch a lovely concert in the beautiful La Madeleine, near Place de la Concorde, and actually took a river ride down the Seine.

Another place visited so far has been Hamburg, a very large port and one worth visiting.  I was in seminar and met many interesting people but I did manage a harbour cruise - the ships are enormous! - and also to visit the lovely maritime museum.  Again, it was all over too fast and therefore I did not get enough time to  rest, either.

So far, the end of  2017 is approaching and I don't feel on top of the world.  For the first time in a long time I have succeeded to extricate myself from affections which were not right for me, or which were not taking me anywhere.  This in itself is a relief but there is a downside to it.  There is no looking forward to meeting the one you love, even if there is no crushing emotion when they leave, no gaping hole.  The void is just as great and while looking forward to spending time with my family and friends without moping for someone I cannot or will not have, there is a sense of dejection which I hope will lift when I spend some time by the sea - and so, here is hoping for sunny days over the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Bouncing Back ....

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam