Bouncing Back ....

I focus on a positive outlook. That is the nature of human resilience.

A few months back, I wrote about having to move work, because of a number issues.  Of course, things always happen for a reason - we repeat this cliche over and over, when we are on the other side of the fence.

Yet, only weeks later, I got a proposal for a very large project - to take over a business all of my own.  This would not have been the first time I branched out on my own but it wasn't going to be easy.

"Challenging" is one way of wording it, I suppose, and the journey hasn't been some lazy river ride. Taking on the responsibility of two employees, one of whom has a child, is no mean feat. Neither is taking on a portfolio of new clients something to be overlooked.

Summer flew by, and I must admit that the pressures haven't been easy to manage, least of all internal ones.  There comes a time when one has to take the bull by the horns, however, and to deal with such issues in the toughest manner possible, so as to lay them to rest once and for all.

Healing comes when you least expect it - the human condition is such that once we stay with the confusion, it suddenly lifts and there is clarity and courage. A way forward.

I thought of a photo I took years ago, in Sri Lanka, when I climbed Adam's Peak, some 5000 steps up the mountain to reach a Buddhist temple on the the peak, just in time for sunrise.  Four hours of climbing, uneven stairs, and then we were cold.  Until the sun graced the tips of lower peaks and slowly kissed the treetops, flooding us all with light as it eased its way up into the day.

Every sunrise brings new hope.




Comments

Manuel Mangani said…
Remarkably insightful, introspective writing expressed with admirable clarity and rythms which tune in soothingly on the ear..

May all your sunrises be brimming with hopeful expectations which find fulfillment.
Tinkerbell said…
Thank you for your thoughts, wishes and support. They are always appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam