Lazy Sunday Afternoons...

... and I sit here meandering at home. Doing my own thing and pottering about with all the pretty stuff that has accumulated in my home - from my travels and my hobbies, as well as my love of books. I am trying to sort through things but none of this is easy.  How do you put away stuff which you so enjoy handling ? 

From chocolates (to be eaten), to flowers, pens, pencils, charcoal and pastels, books and drawing books... you name it.

Before being off the grid for a few weeks, I feel the need to be within my own home and I will miss it so terribly. Spending time with family is priority, but so is spending time with those who really care.

This is where I have choices to make.  Society has taught us that one is supposed to be always on the go.  I have now decided that it is ok to be at rest and, while I have been working on and off today, despite it being a Sunday, I have paced myself, enjoyed a drive in the sun, and slept when I needed to.  Perhaps the anxiety which is looming on the horizon is because I have an absolutely challenging week ahead, charged with difficult situations and fuelled by a drive to sort out as many matters as I can humanly handle in five working days.

Not overdoing it is key.  It is acceptable for us to rest, for how would we bounce back without any recharge? No matter how pressing the task, if you have done your utmost, there's a time to live, a time to die, a time to work and of course, a time to rest.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam