Living with Memories

And then it hits you...

I was browsing through some old posts on this, my first ever blog. Reading through some of the posts made me smile, or giggle out loud, even.

However, some raised memories and nostalgia that made my stomach contract for a life lost, time passed ... it was like hearing the echoes of laughter through a hollow tunnel, voices of people who were in my life and for some reason have moved on or moved away.  Different walks of life, different stages of my life and theirs. It was like receiving a blow to my very core.

They say that, for a tree to grow new leaves, it has to shed the old ones.  For a tree, that may be painless.  There is no scientific knowledge as to whether the tree feels its leaves becoming detached.

With human contact it is different.  The person's departure from one's life will always leave a mark - no matter how good or bad that encounter was, or for how long a period. For me, their voices echo in my head and haunt my spirit so that I am unable to be at rest.

It is like a white light, radiating from my past, reminding me of deep emotions - be it friendships, joy, sorrow, pain, laughter, surprise, disappointment or love - and racking me almost physically.

For those who are far away, I always have a thought for you.  For those of you who are near, I am glad and you are, each and every one of you, cherished.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Bouncing Back ....

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam