A Happy New Year to one and All

So the year has started, with not much drama.  It was quite a peaceful one for me.  I can hardly believe the Christmas period is over and I cannot say that I have had any particular time to rest.

Returning to work after 4 days (one day shutdown) was tough and I could hardly get out of bed.  I kept shivering with cold and could hardly bring myself to shower, let alone get dressed and come out of bed.  But thankfully, I got myself up and going and prepared what I consider to be a good day's work.  The pace has been slow since many are still on leave, which was a relief to me.  This also helped me concentrate on new regulations that have been issued in relation to the new Money Laundering Directive.  There's quite a learning curve and I feel that I am very far behind in that field, having tailed off to competition law between late 2014 and earlier this year.

I can hardly believe that I have been absent from MCCAA for 8 whole months!   8 months ago, I was looking to embark on this adventure and I cannot say I have been disappointed, except with myself.  As they say in Italian, "C'e' strada da fare" and I must take my treatment extremely seriously as otherwise I could get myself into very big trouble and end up unwell or worse.  It's an uphill struggle and I often feel I am going it alone, though my mother gives me continuing support.  I'm almost living at hers at the moment and I don't quite mind though I often want my own bed.

I have been trying to pick up my hobbies again, especially where this means that I am able to start meeting people in a healthy environment again.  I figure it is unhealthy for me to stick at home and lie down in bed with a glass of wine.  Hopefully after my medical visit on Friday I will be able to take a bath (rather than just showers). 

Soon we will reopen the ballet shop for the new term.  I need to calm down and every added commitment seems to bring a sense of stress and panic.  I must be more regular with my medication to try to retain that balance which they are supposed to achieve.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam