Slowly Resuming the Work Life

Today's pace was a little faster than yesterday's so far, seeing that many more people have returned to work.  Business has been busier to transact, in particular because even government employees seem to have taken the 3rd January as a day of leave, and not just the 2nd.

For me, I am looking forward to take some time off but I am uneasy of letting go of my role for any length of time.  I am not quite easy with what can be said behind my back.  I sound like a paranoid idiot at the moment but if truth be said, a few incidents have taken place which have caused me to be constantly jumpy in my seat.

Much of what I have managed to achieve has been positive, in that I came up with a few useful reports and summaries indicating a way forward with some necessary work which only I seem willing to do within the organisation.  Creating a niche for yourself is useful; you will never become indispensable but being valuable is definitely an asset and makes you a desirable employee.  Having worked on my own for so many years, it still remains ingrained in me not to have to worry about such issues until I realise that they do exist, and then perhaps a little too late.

Last night I went to watch a really funny show which had me laughing so much that I was wiping my face.  It's called the Comedy Knights and is a set of sketches by a team of eight playwrights / actors with plenty of tongue-in-cheek humour being poked at the Maltese way of life, not leaving out many political innuendos.  It was well worth watching and, while I was rather apprehensive that it might be repetitive, it was in fact as much fun as other previous shows. Well done to all ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam