Meandering along...

Today is one of those days when I wonder whether the silence is the calm before the storm.

The weather is grey and overcast, with a southerly wind which makes the weather humid and heavy.  Perhaps that explains the mood.  That, and the fact that I might be coming down with flu, along with some 16% of the population here.  Indeed, even the hospital is buckling under the pressure of admissions of patients with  complications related to the flu.  Yet people still go to work and send their children to school when already unwell, or still showing symptoms of the flu, despite health warnings of the severity of the flu cases this year.  I generally get tired and get cold sores. I don't have cold sores at the moment but I am definitely tired.  That might also be due to the fact that I have not really taken any time off, and this is something I owe to myself - to rest and recover and deal with all the issues that need dealing with.

I am really looking forward to some time off but almost afraid to ask for it.  I am not sure of the repercussions or what others will think when I say that I am going on long-ish leave but I feel that I need it.  Ideally I would have gone abroad somewhere but my commitments outside the office do not really permit it, especially those that are work-related.  They might seem minor but the have been the struts on which I walked when the mainstream work was not that glorious (everything has its ups and downs) and I now feel loathe to just kick them in the face.

We shall see ! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam