Gratitude

What a beautiful expression, and how deeply meaningful.

Gratitude.  Gratefulness.  Thankfulness.  Counting one's blessings.  Appreciation. Acknowledging that people have had time / willingness or whatever it takes, to deliver some benefit to you, perhaps unprompted.

Looking back on the last twelve months, I have had no option but to recognise the high amount of blessings I have received, having stepped on the right path.

Just one year ago, I was headed toward London, a conference and disaster.  That disaster would prove to be, not my undoing but a blessing, because I put it to good use and turned matters around to my benefit.

It hasn't been without struggle and I have re-visited and confirmed all my promises to myself. You cannot deny, however, that when you preserve yourself, then you are able to keep your word and therefore be a gift to others.

This weekend, I was away and I was surrounded by people, whom I had often spoken to but not quite remembered. I know I always talk to them, I know that we laughed together, but goodness how I'd forgotten every bit of exchange we had had.  This time I made sure to be mindful - of who they are and what they represent, and of course, of each of our every exchanges so that, the following time I meet them, I do not face them with a blank face, and perhaps the embarrassment of not having been sufficiently present to register what we said, what we laughed at, and so on.

Indeed, it is with this in mind that I looked around at a party of some 60 people, of whom I knew only about half, and was thankful that their recollections of me were pleasant enough that they were kind and gracious, and that the friendship was rekindled in a better way for me - because of my thankfulness.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rainy Melancholy

Bouncing Back ....

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam