A Moving Gesture

One month ago, I visited a client who was nursing her friend at home and was therefore unable to move from her house. The lady's friend was apparently seriously ill and awaiting an operation. As it was, this second lady was busy making some hand-crocheted items for a friend and I could not help but notice the precision and the patience she had in making these items.

Today I visited the house again and was rather distressed to find the ill lady bedridden. Her condition seems to have worsened from the last time I saw her - or at least this appeared to be the case. I was very moved, however, to find that she had crocheted a number of items for me, simply because I commented on the beauty of her work. What was even more moving was that she did not make one item an entire set.

This gesture is one of the few things that will always stay with me. This woman touched my heart with her generosity. If all people were like her, the world would be a much better place. I sincerely hope she gets better, or that she has the strength to endure whatever ails her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam