Summer 2015

It always amazes me how life changes from one year to the next.  Only a couple of years ago, I could not imagine myself without my boat.  Last September, I returned from Monaco Yacht Show only to find that she had sunk - possibly after receiving a hit during the night.

This year, the summer kicked off with a trip to Istanbul with my friend and colleague, Geraldine Noel of Acumum Services Limited, where we spent time shopping for beautiful things as well as chatting about career developments. Her practice is doing really well - and I am sometimes unsure of whether I should continue to enjoy a rather laid back pace or go back into the rat race of life.  I know I could make more money, but this really isn't half bad.  I get plenty of time to play, since I leave work to go home at a decent hour most days.  I still have my office at Saga Juris, the law firm in Valletta, with whom I started off my career more than 15 years ago.

I also visited THW, a German rescue company, as well as DLRG (water rescue), in Konstanz and spent much time at the gorgeous lake Konstanz, visiting the beautiful islands of Mainau and Reichenau.

Over the last weekends, i have boated, swam and gone to Gozo to meet some English friends. I have practised different forms of art - from crafting to photography.  There is so much to do, and so little time.  How did I ever work 16 hours a day?

I no longer have my beautiful Miss Fits - but weekends have been anything but boring.  With work, I have disciplined myself to get to work early, thereby enabling me to leave early and enjoy the summer weather - be it for a swim, a rest or zumba.

This coming weekend offers a couple of boat rides, a jazz festival and much chilling with sun and sea, while also saving some time for my arts and crafts over the weekend! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

A Grave Miscarriage of Justice