Soul Pollution

I often sit and wonder what it is that so poisons my soul on a Monday morning.  I suppose most people get Monday blues - but I am only delving into my own abyss.

Part of the thing that so pollutes my consciousness is that narrow-minded mentality of certain people one comes to meet on a routine basis - be it in the place of work or other environs (e.g. shopping) that one does not engage in during weekends. This is not a specific comment - it's the whole 'starting again' of the week's activities that generates this negativity...

Until someone, this morning, landed a large slice of delicious chocolate cake, almost first thing in the morning.  Soul pollution or not, it lifted my spirits - and my calorie count, but who cares? I can make it up later! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

Watch: Malta, stuck in a jam