Back to reading!

And so I've started reading again, something i hadn't done in quite a while.  I had been marvelling at my addiction to technology - TV, tablets, phones, even having my laptop in bed to watch a film or browse the Internet for some interesting tidbit or some gossip.

As things go, I recently travelled without my phone (bust it), forgot my tablet and had chosen not to carry my laptop.  I only had my copy of Reader's Digest and my Kindle.  How to fill a lonesome night in a hotel room if not read?  I wasn't about to watch BBC or Euronews loop their news stories endlessly, nor was I about to start watching an entire film or talk show in French.

Read it was, and now I'm hooked!  I read 3 books - well, 2 and a half since one had been started) in less than a week.  Well, travelling for long plane journeys with plenty of airport time helps and so does sitting alone in a hotel room in an area where it may not be safe to go out, or where there is nothing much to do after 9 pm on a weekday!  First book helped me rediscover my beloved Jeffrey Archer, and now I plan to buy more of his books as I have missed out... The other two authors were rather new (Jeffrey Deaver and Michael Crichton) - but it all made a change from magazines, trash TV and electronics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back ....

Rainy Melancholy

A Grave Miscarriage of Justice